Schoenberg, Arnold - Autograph Music Quote Signed - "Skandalkonzert" 1913
Item #: M5246-Y7B
Famous Austrian composer (1874-1951), and also painter, who established in the US after 1934 escaping from nazism. Autograph music quote from his famous work Chamber Symphony Nr. 1 in E Major, Op. 9, 4 bars of music, on a white paper card, folded to a size of 3.8 x 6 inches, in excellent condition.
Written in 1906 and premiered in 1907, this piece was played in the infamous "Skandalkonzert" in 1913 (read more about it here), which was interrupted by rioting from an audience not well impressed with the experimental music. Composer Oscar Straus was present, and later testified that a punch in someone´s face he heard that night was "the most harmonious sound I heard that evening".
ALSO INCLUDED is a half-tone portrait of the composer, probably taken from a book, size is 5.75 x 8.25 inches, in very good condition. A nice item to collect and frame with the autograph music quote, if desired.
WATCH THIS WORK, performed by the Sinfonieorchester des Südwestfunks, conducted by Erich Leinsdorf:
• ALL ITEMS SHOWING PRICE ARE IN STOCK. Items no longer available will show as "Sold out".
• 100% Guaranteed authentic autographs. Certificate of Authenticity (CoA) on invoice.
• ALL ORIGINAL AUTOGRAPHS - Hand signed. We do not sell copies or reproductions.
• THE "TAMINO AUTOGRAPHS" semi-transparent legend over the pictures shown here does not exist in the actual item.
• PRICES ARE FINAL, and not negotiable.
SEE MORE ITEMS LIKE THIS IN Composer Autograph Manuscripts