Schillings, Max von - Kemp, Barbara - Double Signed "Mona Lisa" Libretto with Music Quote
Item #: GC1269-GX235
German composer, conductor and theater director (1868-1933), known for his opera "Mona Lisa", which was an international success, and German soprano (1881-1959) and his wife.
First edition of this opera´s libretto, boldly signed by him, with a short music quote, inscribed and dated apparently in Berlin in 1931, in the first blank page after the title page. Barbara Kemp also signed below, dating her signature in 1950.
The opera was world premiered in 1915 in Stuttgart, Germany, and was premiered in North America at the Metropolitan Opera in New York in 1923, with Barbara Kemp for the main soprano role.
Libretto also includes 2 signed photo postcards, one for each composer Max von Schillings and Barbara Kemp, that have been attached (glued) to the back of the frontend page and the first blank page, before the title pages (see scans). Front end pages have a written text quote by an unknown hand, probably past ownership (see scan).
Luxurious red hardcovers embossed in gold text, 5.25 x 7.25 inches, most probably not the original covers but added later, 76 numbered pages plus some extra pages with advertisements on the back. In very good condition.
• ALL ITEMS SHOWING PRICE ARE IN STOCK. Items no longer available will show as "Sold out".
• 100% Guaranteed authentic autographs. Certificate of Authenticity (CoA) on invoice.
• ALL ORIGINAL AUTOGRAPHS - Hand signed. We do not sell copies or reproductions.
• THE "TAMINO AUTOGRAPHS" semi-transparent legend over the pictures shown here does not exist in the actual item.
• PRICES ARE FINAL, and not negotiable.
SEE MORE ITEMS LIKE THIS IN Signed Books