Vienna Philharmonic 1926 - Large Original Etching by Ferdinand Schmutzer
Item #: M5066-CSMT
Large original etching of a rehearsal of the Vienna Philharmonic Orchestra under the baton of Felix Weingartner, 1926. A beautiful vintage print created by Austrian engraver and photographer Ferdinand Schmutzer (1870-1928).
Also included are pages with the information about the identities of each of the 51 musicians depicted.
A number of texts have been written regarding this exceptional print, notably “Dermusikerportraits of Ferdinand Schmutzer”, by Barbel Holaus, Vienna, 2001, in which he discuss’s the artist , this print and numerous other musicians, composers, etc. and notably identifies each of the 51 musicians in this composition. Schmutzer captured the creative talents and personal demeanor of musicians and other famous personalities of his time (The Rose Quartet, Albert Einstein, Rudolph Von Alt, etc).
This print measures are: plate size 575x740 mm, on a sheet 743x960 mm , matted to 32”x 40”. Originally issued in an edition of 50 and a second edition of possibly less than 75. A truly fantastic, rare vintage print that will look great if framed. Item can only be shipped flat/unrolled, in a safe box, and has an extra shipping charge if sent abroad - see at checkout.
• ALL ITEMS SHOWING PRICE ARE IN STOCK. Items no longer available will show as "Sold out".
• 100% Guaranteed authentic autographs. Certificate of Authenticity (CoA) on invoice.
• ALL ORIGINAL AUTOGRAPHS - Hand signed. We do not sell copies or reproductions.
• THE "TAMINO AUTOGRAPHS" semi-transparent legend over the pictures shown here does not exist in the actual item.
• PRICES ARE FINAL, and not negotiable.
SEE MORE ITEMS LIKE THIS IN RECENTLY ADDED