Le Pierrot Magazine - Complete Volume 1888-1891
Item #: M5509-ABE
First edition, complete collection of this rare satirical literary journal directed with many drawings by French illustrator Adolphe Willette (1857-1926). 51 issues from July 6, 1888 to September 20, 1889) including the special numbers at the end of the album, published two years after the bankruptcy of "Le Pierrot" - all real masterpieces of lithography. Each magazine is 11.5 x 15.5 inches, consists of two sheets in folio format, illustrated on the first page of a lithograph of A. Willette and for some issues, caricatures on the third page. Editor was Emile Goudeau. Adolphe Willette is inseparable from the Montmartre district where he decorated many cabarets, pubs and the famous Moulin Rouge. Painter first, he exhibited at Chat Noir after having participated in its creation. A controversial figure, Willette ran as an anti-Semitic candidate in the 1889 legislative elections in Paris.
Bound in one hardcover volume, in very good condition. See examples of some pages and cover.
• ALL ITEMS SHOWING PRICE ARE IN STOCK. Items no longer available will show as "Sold out".
• 100% Guaranteed authentic autographs. Certificate of Authenticity (CoA) on invoice.
• ALL ORIGINAL AUTOGRAPHS - Hand signed. We do not sell copies or reproductions.
• THE "TAMINO AUTOGRAPHS" semi-transparent legend over the pictures shown here does not exist in the actual item.
• PRICES ARE FINAL, and not negotiable.
SEE MORE ITEMS LIKE THIS IN Rare Books